Saturday, September 1, 2007

Band

Greetings to all the wonderful band freaks out there (or normal yet bemused and alarmed readers). HELLO! I am a lil midget mellophone/french horn player who loves!!!! band!!!! yeah!!!!

You may (but probably aren’t) asking yourself, how does one classify themselves as a band freak? Well I have created and will continue to add onto this list of classifications.
You know you’re a band freak if:
1. While brushing your teeth you start doing the tube of toothpaste exercise (a marching band exercise, but of course you should already know that, right?).
2. While randomly listening to a piece of music (like Rhapsody in Blue) you start singing and fingering your music.
3. (This relates to #2) You suck at singing but sing along loudly and uglily (is that a word?) anyways.
4. You start marching, sliding, or back marching to places (like to your classes in school or to the bus).
5. You periodically yell: I LOVE BAND! or GO HORNS! or I LOVE PRACTICING MUSIC! or something similar.
6. You relate costs of things to your instrument (like: That couch costs as much as a horn!).
7. You say something like: why do I have to spend 30 minutes, watching TV? I could be practicing horn!
8. you want to be a musician when you grow up.
9. You have added your band teacher’s and phone number/ email to your contacts list.
10. You brag about things like: marching band has helped me have a flatter core/better posture/a shoulder muscle I never knew existed!!!

so far this is my list. Please post a comment with your results, I am seeing how I stack up to other people (i should say more normal people, heeheeheeheeheheeehee evil laugh). In case you didn’t know, I exhibit all of the characteristics in this list!!! YEAH!!! GO BAND!!!!!

2 comments: